Headway Annual Awards 2019
Friday 6 December 2019
Once a year, Headway's members, friends and supporters come together to pay tribute to some very special people: brain injury survivors, carers, volunteers and campaigners whose personal achievements have earned the admiration of everyone around them. Their stories are moving and inspirational.
Nominations now open!
Do you know someone who has defied their brain injury to achieve a great milestone this year? Or perhaps you know someone that often goes above and beyond when caring for someone with a brain injury? Or maybe you know of a long-standing Headway volunteer who is overdue public recognition and thanks?
The categories this year are:
- Alex Richardson Achiever of the Year sponsored by Slater & Gordon Lawyers
- Carer of the Year sponsored by Barr Ellison Solicitors
- Volunteer of the Year sponsored by Anthony Gold
- Stephen McAleese Outstanding Contribution to Headway Award sponsored by No5 Barristers Chambers
What we’re looking for
The more information we have about the person you are nominating, the better their chance of being shortlisted for a Headway Award!
- Share your passion! We don’t know the person you’re nominating, so don’t spare the details – or your feelings about how special they are!
- Give us details. How long have they been a volunteer? How much progress have they made since sustaining their injury? What have they sacrificed to care for someone?
- Set the scene. How did life change? What was life like before? Why does your nominee stand out from the crowd?
- More is more! Keep your information relevant and catchy, but don’t hold back. The more information we have, the better.
Read our full guidance document on writing an effective nomination in our Related Resources section on the left hand of side of the page, or at the bottom on mobile!
If you would like to nominate someone, please click the button:
The closing date for nominations is Friday 26 July 2018.
Read last year's finalist's stories here:
- Alex Richardson Achiever of the Year
- Carer of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year
- Stephen McAleese Outstanding Contribution to Headway Award
Watch coverage of our 2017 Awards:
If you would like further information in regards to booking for this event or nominating someone you know for an award please contact Melanie Dickens on firstname.lastname@example.org