In partnership with The Office of the Public Guardian
We will again be hosting the Headway Deputy Conference, in partnership with the Office of the Public Guardian and sponsored by Concerva for professional deputies for it's third year on Thursday 12th October at the Museum of Science and Industry, Manchester.
As Headway are increasingly aware of the rise in the number of Deputies working with brain injury survivors who lack capacity the programme for the conference will include advice and information surrounding the various aspects and challenges associated with deputyship of brain injury survivors. Speakers on the day include:
- Latest Case Law Update - Master Howarth, Costs Judge
- 10 Years of the OPG - Ria Baxendale, Office of the Public Guardian
- The Trials and Tribulation of Professional Deputyship - Emma Gaudern, EMG Solicitors
- Subtle Home Adaptions for Brain Injury Survivors - James Nocker, William Martin Property Consultants
- Making Financial Decisions on Behalf of My Sister: My Work as a Deputy - Professor Jenny Kitzinger, Cardiff University
- Mediation as an alternative dispute resolution - Office of the Public Guardian
- Headway and the Approved Provider Scheme - Jo Plant, Headway - the brain injury association
We will again host a small exhibition for delegates to visit during the lunch and refreshment breaks. In addition delegates will receive a complimentary copy of the award-winning Headway publication 'Supporting people to make decisions – applying the Mental Capacity Act'. The day will include lunch and refreshments.
Earlybird delegate rate of £225 + VAT ends 31st July!
If you have any questions about this event or would like to be contacted when booking opens please contact Melanie Dickens on 0115 924 0800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In partnership with: Sponsored by: