Job Title: Community Development Officer
Responsible to: Board of Trustees
Hours of Work: The role is part time, two days per week with a possibility of a third day based on development.
Salary: £22,000 - (pro rata)
Location: Salford & Trafford
Affiliated to Headway UK, the brain injury association, Headway Salford is recruiting for a Community Development Officer who is passionate about making a difference to the lives of brain injury survivors, their families and carers.
You will be an ambassador for the organisation, and a confident leader capable of recruiting and running a small team of volunteers to deliver year on year funding growth consistent with the values and expectations of our business and development plan.
You will need considerable networking skills, initiative and creativity, to deliver a regular and safe drop in service as well as pre planned activity days for clients with brain injury.
The role will have a good deal of autonomy to expand services and activities, increase referrals and secure funding.
The successful candidate will have the flexibility and determination to expand the role and increase opportunities within the local community, for brain injury survivors.
The following criteria (experience, skills and qualifications) will be used to short-list at the application stage:
- Organisational, coordinating, administrative and management ability
- Experience of delivering a client based service
- Appreciation of issues affecting brain injury survivors and their families
- Good IT Skills, including use of social media
- Experience of fundraising for projects
- Ability to work as a member of a team but also to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Commitment to equality and diversity
- Time management
- Experience of developing cross-cultural work and of working alongside refugees and those seeking asylum
- Adequate budget planning and financial management skills
- Experience of fundraising
An application pack is available to download below, alternatively please contact Sam Clarke on 0115 924 0800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 7 February.
Interview date: 14 February.