Charity of the Year
"I would encourage anyone considering adopting Headway as their nominated charity to go for it - it is a brilliant charity to support!"
- Chris Shaw, St Johns Buildings Chambers
Nominate us as your Charity of the Year
and make it a year to remember!
Working in partnership with Headway is a great way to support a charity, with benefits that go way beyond fundraising for a good cause.
By adopting Headway as your chosen charity, we will work with you to meet your corporate social responsibility needs and provide all the support you need throughout the year.
Whatever the size of your organisation, this is a fantastic way to motivate and engage staff and generate many PR opportunities – whilst helping those affected by brain injury throughout the UK.
(Pictured: Ben Nicholl from Majestic Wines raises over £2,800 at the London Marathon)
Benefits to you
- Engaging staff and team-building activities to benefit the whole workplace - departments, branches and all levels of staff
- Announcement of the partnership and hand over of the ‘Challenge Baton’ at our flagship event – the Headway Annual Awards Luncheon
- Positive PR opportunities with your local press, our website (over 779,000 visits in 2016) and in Headway News (an estimated readership of 22,000)
- Announcements and promotion of your fundraising activities to over 33,000 followers on Headway’s social media channels
- Volunteering opportunities for staff
- The Headway Charity Partner logo for your website and promotional materials
- Thank you and promotion of your fundraising to over 240 corporate members, through Headway News Bitesize corporate edition.
Support, every step of the way...
We realise you will be undertaking fundraising activities alongside your day-to-day duties. This is why we are here to help and make fundraising even easier! We do this in the following ways:
- An initial meeting to help generate ideas and formulate a calendar of events. It can be as simple and fun as Hats for Headway Day, taking on a trek or challenge, or more ambitious plans such as a golf day or glamorous ball!
- Our dedicated Corporate Partnership Officer is on hand to support the partnership throughout the year
- Help to secure places for marathons and other fun challenges
- Assistance and advice on fundraising and online giving pages
- Provision of fundraising materials such as collection tins, promotional materials, banners, t-shirts and vests.
To make it a year to remember, please contact Anna Kerr, Corporate Partnership Officer on 0115 924 0800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How much do we have to raise?
We do not put any limits on the money that you raise. Your target can depend on the size and nature of your business – whether it is £5,000 or £100,000 – we appreciate any efforts your staff can make to fundraise for our frontline services. Every partnership is equally important to Headway!
When do we start?
You can begin the partnership at a time that is suitable for your organisation. It can be a calendar year, financial year, or some organisations prefer to support Headway for longer periods and establish a long-term partnership. We work in a flexible way to ensure you get the most out of the charity partnership.
What is the Challenge Baton?
Our charity partners are announced in December at our prestigious Headway Annual Awards Luncheon at The Dorchester in London. The Headway Challenge Baton is handed over on stage and represents your organisation taking the challenge and promotes your charity partnership – it is a great photo opportunity for PR.
Your organisation will be a Headway Challenge Baton Holder for the length of the partnership and it will be passed to the next challenger to mark the end of your charity adoption.
(pictured: Chris Ronan, Chief Executive at St Johns Buildings Chambers receiving the Headway Challenge Baton from Johnson Beharry VC at Headway Annual Awards Luncheon in 2015)
Where does the money go?
The money you raise will be used to support our vital frontline services:
- Free phone nurse-led Helpline
- Headway Acute Trauma Support Nurses
- Emergency Fund
- Developing our award-winning information resources
- The Justice Project
- Providing support to our network of 130 Headway groups and branches
Testimonies from some of our wonderful charity partners
"Headway welcomed us with open arms and supported us from the start. This was our first charity of the year, and Headway guided us in terms of providing fundraising tips. They also valued the reason that we chose them and what it especially meant to our Reading employees who sadly lost a close colleague as a result of brain injury last year.
"The scheme has shown us that it is not just about fundraising; it can be about what we can give back to the community such as donations of clothes, or supporting campaigns”
- James Radford, Director of Group Operations at Aldermore Bank.
Old Square Chambers
"Our members and staff were busy nationwide: climbing mountains, cycling from London to Paris, running marathons. Our Head of Chambers walked the Western Isles, we had a street party and my colleagues even convinced me to jump out of a plane!
"It was all worth it when we realized how much we had raised for Headway... over £52,000"
- William Meade, Senior Clerk, Old Square Chambers
“Jefferies Solicitors Ltd have had a fantastic year fundraising for Headway and have raised £30,000.
"Overall a great time was had raising money for this wonderful cause”
- Michael Jefferies, Jefferies Solicitors Ltd.