Escape the Wild for Headway
Headway brings you a brand-new corporate adventure for 2020 – are you ready to Escape the Wild for Headway?
Following the success of Go Wild for Headway 2019, we are bringing you even more excitement with our latest Corporate Challenge!
What can you expect?
Starting at a remote location on Thursday 10 September (11.00am), teams will brave the elements and find their way back to the comfort of civilisation and Escape the Wild!
Participants will endure a challenging journey as they tackle gorges, river crossings, high peaks and deep ravines to climb, raft and pull their way to safety!
Rafting - working as a team, building a raft to access a map to your checkpoint!
Scrambling - at the lake shore, scramble up an exposed rock face to receive your next clue
Abseil/coasteering – find your way to an exposed crag where you will climb and abseil and take a watery leap of faith!
Canoeing - paddle back to the start point, to collect your final code
The finish – retrieve an emergency phone to signal the end of the challenge
All culminating at a pub where we can eat, drink and tell tales of our exhilarating day! Prizes for the winning team and biggest achievers.
After a night camping under the stars (tents provided), there will be a steady morning hike before we finish for approximately 12.00pm on Friday 11 September.
Not only will you leave feeling tired, happy and very proud of your achievements; you will gain great new relationships with other corporate supporters of Headway.
And don’t forget this is all for a fantastic cause - funding our frontline services and making a huge difference to people living with the effects of brain injury in the UK.
- When? 10-11 September 2020
- Where? Ullswater, Lake District
- What is the registration fee? £50 per person
- What is the minimum sponsorship? £300 per person
- Who can come? This event is especially for our Headway corporate supporters, both teams and individuals are welcome!
- What is provided? Tents and all meals for the duration of the challenge are provided
- What will I need? Hiking boots, comfortable clothes including waterproofs, rucksack, sleeping bag and pillow. A full kit list will be provided after registration.
This event is kindly sponsored by No5 Chambers
To get a flavour of what's involved, don't miss our video of the 2019 Go Wild Challenge: