Understanding brain injury training for criminal justice professionals
The training is delivered to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- An understanding of the variety of causes of brain injury and prevalence of brain injury in the criminal justice system
- An understanding of the cognitive, physical, behavioural and emotional difficulties people experience as a result of brain injury with particular emphasis on how this may present in offenders
- A knowledge of some basic techniques and simple strategies enabling staff to work more effectively with brain injury survivors
- For staff to be aware of the Headway Brain Injury Identity Card available, how to apply and to encourage / assist with applications where appropriate
- For staff to know where to access additional information and support about the effects of ABI including the referral process to seek further assessment or intervention for people with ABI
If you are interested in having Headway deliver Understanding Brain Injury training to your service or establishment within the criminal justice system, please contact the Justice Project Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org.