Headway Acute Trauma Support
The Headway Acute Trauma Support (HATS) nurses in the West Midlands and North West of England provide emotional and practical support, information and advice to family members and carers of people in the early stages following an acquired brain injury, especially those in critical care or high dependency units.
The HATS Nurse is available to:
- Be a 'listening ear' and source of support
- Act as a link between other services, e.g. hospital staff, community support
- Provide information on how to apply for benefits and/or compensation claims
- Visit you in the hospital, or elsewhere if required
- Advise on the Headway Emergency Fund
- Continue supporting you for as long as required, and put you in touch with other organisations that may be of help
- Accompany you to attend meetings with hospital staff if requested - it is often useful to have someone with you to discuss the information given at the meeting
- Assist in other identified areas wherever possible
Get in touch
Tel: 07833 365 858
(Based at the James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough)
Tel: 07827 911 690
Can't find a nurse near you? Contact our helpline for more details of how Headway can support you.