Headway Blackburn with Darwen
Spring Bank Court,
Spring Bank Terrace,
- 07926 571 247
- Carer Support Groups
- Drop In
- Family and Carer Support
- Outreach/Community Support
- Other Services
- Monthly members meeting Last Thursday of every month Transport can be arranged Free of Charge for members attending meetings and outings
- Other Activities
- Speakers related to Brain Injury Shopping Trips Regular outings Quiz Nights Theatre Trips Group Meals out Bowling Trips
Headway Blackburn with Darwen meet on the last Thursday of each month, 7pm - 9pm at Spring Bank Court, Blackburn.
What the group can offer
The process of learning to live with an acquired brain injury is one that, for some individuals, can take many years. Strength to cope can be found from sharing experiences with others and seeking advice. At Headway Blackburn with Darwen we offer our members a place to belong.Monthly Meetings
Fun and Activities
Social and Psychological Support
Our aims and objectives
- To ensure that the aims of the group are based on local and cultural need.
- To provide a Headway Support Branch (group) that covers the geographical areas of Blackburn with Darwen, Hyndburn & Ribble Valley.
- To provide a service that offers support, information and education, for people with acquired brain injury, their carers, supporters, etc.
- To raise awareness and promote a wider understanding of all aspects of brain injury in the wider communities of Blackburn with Darwen & Hyndburn & Ribble Valley.
- To press for the case for increased recognition of acquired brain injury and the need for resources.
- To encourage socialisation, personal development and provide the opportunity to share experiences and knowledge.